At Higher Walton CE Primary School we provide a creative curriculum of topics, which takes account of our mixed-age school structure.
We have a rolling 3 year cycle of exciting topics for each age phase within the school:
- Foundation Stage (Nursery and Reception)
- Key Stage 1 and Year 3
- Key Stage 2 (Year 4 to 6)
- We have adopted the "Learning Means the World" curriculum which takes a creative and thematic approach to learning, mapped to the National Curriculum to ensure comprehensive coverage of national expectations.
Find out more about our curriculum by
- talking to your child's teacher
- coming to one of our Friday celebration/sharing assemblies to see our good work
- contacting us to ask a specific question or to request more information
Although most of our lessons are taught through topics, some subjects are better taught as "stand-alone" subjects:
|Maths||We use White Rose maths scheme for our daily Maths lessons.|
|MFL||Our main modern foreign language is French.|
Our Physical Education scheme is based on the Lancashire scheme of work which includes games, gymnastics, dance and athletics. Swimming is also taught in KS2.
We work with Premier Sport, employing a sports coach to help us deliver high quality PE and after school activities.
|RE||We follow the Blackburn Diocese scheme for Religious Education, studying Christianity and other religions|