Our vision for Music is to develop
- successful learners who are curious, interested and enjoy music.
- confident individuals who show initiative, independence, resilience and adaptability
- responsible and spiritual citizens who celebrate a diverse range of musical styles, genres and artists
- active engagement, drawing on appropriate outside expertise to enhance our music curriculum,
Music is part of a child’s broad, balanced curriculum, integral to the basic curriculum of the school and part of the child’s all-round development. Our curriculum fulfils the requirements of the national curriculum in music, developing understanding of how music is created, produced and communicated, including pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations. Children have opportunity to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians. They learn to sing, to create and compose music on their own and with others, and have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument.
Music is part of our "Learning Means the World" thematic curriculum, with provision mapped and planned effectively through a 2 year cycle.
Our provision is further enriched with
- Performing on stage with other schools as part of “Sing Together” and “Lets Go Sing”
- Annual Christmas performances and Year 6 productions
- Visiting musicians and instrumental tuition
- Rock steady workshops
Here we are in action in our rock bands
Taking part in Lets Go Sing